Sunday, April 6, 2014

Wild Women Weekend


WOHOO!!
It's my Spring Break so I grabbed my dearest friend visiting from wintery Wisconsin,
put the top down on my car and went looking for some sunshine :)


Had to go no further than lovely Ventura for some sun and fun.


First time I have really explored Ventura and it was great!
Saw historical buildings and mission,

The Taj Cafe, 574 E. Main, Ventura thetajcafeventura.com/

Ate too much Indian food at lunch,


Gave an amazing gigantic ancient tree a hug,


 Strolled down Main Street into numerous unique boutiques and resale stores,


And the next morning it was on to…


If you've never been to Ojai I'm sad for you.


Beautiful downtown with lovely architecture, sights, galleries, boutiques, restaurants, etc.


Saw lots of art,

Enamel Spiritile by Houston Llew http://www.artonawhim.com

bought some art at Human Arts Gallery…


took a hop scotch break,

Porch Gallery, 310 E. Matilija St., Ojai, CA http://www.porchgalleryojai.com

chanced upon the delightful Porch Gallery in the gorgeous and historic Montgomery house.


Barbie: An American Icon was the exhibit at the Porch Gallery 


and you just assume the images are photographs but, are actually amazing oil paintings 
by Judy Ragagli


And on the front lawn of the Porch Gallery was an interactive exhibit that has people participating all over the country.
Everyone finishes the sentence Before I die I want to…


My dear friend of 30 + years and I are not quite the AWBAs we were when we met but,
whatever!

Good weather, good friends, good times; priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment