Sunday, February 8, 2015

Parties, Meetings and Classes...Oh My!


In a blur of activities I completely abandoned documenting what I was wearing.


Although after an extremely enjoyable two day hat blocking workshop at 
Jill Courtemanche Millinery studio in Solano Beach...
http://www.jillcourtemanche.com/ 


I was wearing a big grin AND my newest hat.


And my hubster was appalled when I put on these winter white pants
 for my his gathering of old schoolmates. 


But, he got over it pretty quickly.


And then the very well financed state committee I was on had the
end of the year wrap up 
party at Downtown Disney


It was very, festive and beautiful


and terrifying!! 
Not just the rides but, it turns out this was ground zero time
for the Disneyland measles outbreak.


Swapped gifts and gossip with my dear friend.


Got an inside pass to a GIGANTIC Art and Craft Trade show at
Anaheim Convention Center.


Most fun trade show ever!
So much amazing swag and incredible activities with freebies.




And since I was still on my winter break from work I decided to commit
to a once a week class in Los Angeles.

parking was almost as expensive as the classes!

For one,


two,

three weeks of classes !!
But, I still love LA.


Nice quick trip to the desert to warm my soul.
Someday I would love to own a home down there in Borrego Springs.


Don't ask me how or why I had to attend a Sunday afternoon 
fundraiser for the Dana Point Symphony.
But, you can ask why I was dressed like such a sad sack.
The answer: I just wasn't feeling it.


But, a night out with the girls got me all dolled up in my new Kate Spade coat 
that was 60% off at their outlet store.
Still a little expensive for a coat...


And I don't think I could dress any more casually for an Advisory Board meeting
for OC Department of Education Professional Learning Committee for FASHION !


Tried real hard to be stylish and cute for a giant annual quilt show with my mom.
She had to introduce me to lots of people so I didn't want to embarrass her.


Didn't make any quilts but, I did make a cute little pink birdie luggage tag :)


Feeling my fringe from my top to my booties.
Who cares what Arts Commissioners wear anyways!


Pretty boring outfit underneath but,
styling again in my new Kate Spade coat.
Going to see my friend Nancy get the award for 
Dana Point Citizen of the Year!

Congratulations to Nancy Jenkins


Happy days!
Am back in San Francisco at my friend
Wayne Wicherns millinery studio at 
Peninsula Museum of Art. 
http://www.peninsulamuseum.org/

And am wearing a nuno felted wrap that I bought 
at a juried art show $$




because nuno felt was the technique that was being taught 
in the workshop at Wayne's studio!



Lots of wool roving, soapy water and manual agitation.
It wasn't fast but, it was fun. 


And the second day the instructor,
the impressive felt master Heidi Paul,
taught how to use wool, water, and a ball  
to make...


a wool hat blank!
And the blank can be shaped into any style hat.
This is my finished hat .

If you care that I now have another hat to wear !







No comments:

Post a Comment